Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Life Cycle Discussion

I’m taking a class called Life Cycle and we have several discussions where we take the material from class and discuss it relating to our lives. Today we had a discussion about marriage and family. We talked about what we are interested in finding in a spouse, when we want to get married/ have kids, whether we would take time off of work when we do have kids and other things like that. We had one male in our group and he had his life pretty structured and planned out. It was interesting because he actually had exact ages too; where as the females in the group gave time periods. For example, he wants to get married at 30, while most of the females in the group mostly said high 20’s or low thirties. It was around the same age area but he was just more specific with his and I was surprised to learn how much he really did think about the future because I feel like most men just kind of “wing” things like that while women plan them out more. I’m wondering why this is exactly? I’m thinking it may be because women are more scared to give up their body and don’t want to plan an exact time? Or maybe women are more realistic and understand more that you can plan things out as structured as that? And I know there was just one guy, so I can’t really make assumptions but I just thought it was interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment