Tuesday, December 1, 2009

The Bridge Poem- Class Dec 1

In The Bridge Poem from today’s class, Donna Kate Rushin described her feelings of being a selfless minority. She’s tired of being the mediator in many aspects of her life. In her poem she talks about how she has to serve to everybody else’s problems instead of focusing on herself and her own needs. She can understand other people’s viewpoints because she can put herself in other people’s shoes so she uses it to help compromise other people’s differences. She’s tired of it and wants to express herself! I really enjoyed the poem because, on a smaller level, I feel the same way with my group of friends and family. I’m always the one who see’s both sides of an issue and tries to solve it to avoid conflict. I just don’t understand why people are always trying to start new problems. Because of this, I understand why she says being privileged is being able to express your true self. When I’m always trying to keep peace and represent sides, I don’t have time to represent myself a lot because I’m too worried about fixing other “drama” instead of my own opinions.

No comments:

Post a Comment