Monday, November 30, 2009

War Quotes

The first quote on the War Quotes page had an interesting aspect to it. It explained the contrusction of a male soldier's gender identity: "Masculinity," and how it relates to his ability in combat and how it may exclude women from combat. But then it also mentions how masculintity depends on the construction of femininity. I'm sure there are many different interpretations of that. To me I took that as a man needs a woman to help guide and nurture him so he can have his emotional side in order to have a "physical" or "aggressive" side. I dated a guy in the Airforce, and as manly and strong as they want to seem to be, they are weak as well and need support from a woman. Therefore I've come to the conclusion that this poem describes one of the main reason's the military suggests men to get married.

No comments:

Post a Comment