Friday, November 27, 2009

Life Without Zoey

In Intro to Sociology, I watched a movie called, “Life Without Zoey.” It’s about a girl who mainly took care of herself because her parents were always traveling with their jobs. I wanted to write about it because I thought the relationship between her parents and her was interesting. When they would come home, she would disrespect her mother, and tell her all her flaws and treat her as if she was a friend. But when her dad came home she would be right by his side answering to his every word. As her mother walked in she started perfecting her and when she saw her father she gave him a big hug and asked him if he wanted a drink. Would this be called a “patriarchal” household? To me, it was just crazy how she could so obviously show the difference in preference for her parents. I could never do that even if in my head a disrespected one more than the other. And it makes me wonder what cause this? I didn’t notice disrespect from the father towards the mother so where did she learn this behavior? From the media maybe?

No comments:

Post a Comment